Training and Content Development Lead
Michelle Herr joined the Go NAPSACC team in 2019 as a Graduate Student Assistant. After graduating from the Gillings School of Global Public Health with a Master of Public Health, she transitioned to the role of Training and Content Development Lead. While at Gillings, Michelle completed coursework in infant nutrition and maternal and child health. She also worked at the Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute where she was first introduced to the important role that breastfeeding and responsive feeding play in infant health. Michelle has created various GNS trainings and she helps manage the Tips & Materials library.
- Breastfeeding and Infant Feeding Trainings (All sections)
- Responsible for content and design/layout
- Child Nutrition, OPL, Physical Activity, Farm to ECE, Screen Time, Oral Health Trainings (All sections)
- Responsible for design/layout
- Tips & Materials Library Management
- Reviewing and updating library map
- Updating website with new resources
- Updating old GNS resources with new template/design
- Creating Breastfeeding & Infant Feeding Resources
- Make Your Own Baby Food (new resource)
- Working on a new breastfeeding materials resource
In her free time, Michelle enjoys reading historical fiction books and going on walks with her daughter and husband. Michelle is bilingual. Though she was born in Michigan, English was her second language. She learned Polish as her first language at home.